Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Okay.. Today I'm Pretty Mad

I recently put Google Analytics tracking code across all of my websites and blogs. I found out some very interesting things that make me MAD!!!! I'm sure it comes as no surprise that most people get to The Marketing Blog through a Google search for marketing blog or Internet marketing blog. But did you know that our bounce rate is 80%?

For those of you who aren't using Google Analytics or have a background in analytics, let me tell you that anything over 50 pretty much sucks. The bounce rate is the percentage of people who hit your page and then leave.
The good news is that I publish all of my posts on a single page (up to 4) so you really don't have to click anywhere to get the content. I do this because I personally hate clicking around sites only to get distracted by shiny objects. So truth be told, I don't have much to be mad about because one way to read this statistic is that you guys/gals are finding what you need right there on the home page.

If you're looking for me to cover any specific topics that are marketing, internet marketing, seo, or search marketing related, let me know. I find the most productive aspect of this blog to be all of your feedback and comments. Thanks so much to my loyal readers and everyone reading this post - I'm certainly not mad at you... keep marketing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment