Saturday, May 8, 2010

How To Use Blogging From a Marketing Perspective



Thanks for all the great feedback on my interview with ABC World News last week on the 25th anniversary of New Coke.  It looks like the best way to get everyone to retweet my posts is to appear on a national news program!  Again, thanks for commemorating the important day in marketing history and allowing me to think back to what it was like during the "cola wars."

This week I wanted to change gears a little bit and respond to a number of you who have been asking me about blogging in general.. how do I start a blog?  How can I use blogging from an Internet marketing and search engine optimization perspective (watch the video).


Sometimes the best way to teach is to actually show someone how to do something. The same is true with link building. I have a lot of experience in building links and I can tell you that I'm amazed at how many people are abusing blogs... submitting lame comments and putting their URL in the comment field. This is not only ineffective, it's a waste of time.

The next time you're using a blog to build links to your web site or publish original content, keep the above method in mind. Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment